We are HIRING!
Are you looking to make lifelong connections, enjoy what you do, and work in a firm that has played a significant role in the Niagara business community for over 40 years? Then we have an opportunity for you!
Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that we take great pride in. To provide these great services we are expanding our team!
Position: Accounting Technician
Location: St. Catharines
Roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ability to prepare financial statements
- Ability to prepare corporate and personal income tax returns including tax planning applications; prepare government forms and filings (T4, T5, WSIB, T5018, etc.) and respond to government enquiries both in written form and online
- Ability to perform full bookkeeping cycle including payroll and source deductions, HST calculations and related bookkeeping functions
- Ability to prepare a trial balance, adjusting journal entries, and working paper files to support the financial statements and returns filed
- Train clients on accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Completion of special assignments for clients and the office as required
- 5 years or more of current or recent experience within a public accounting office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality
- Identify, analyze, respond to, and resolve issues and problems as they arise
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Coordinates and organizes work assignments to ensure on-time delivery and adherence to established time frames
- A keen eye for detail including self-review prior to submitting work for review
Operating systems and software:
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software for QuickBooks and Sage (desktop and online)
- Familiar with CaseWare and Taxprep
- Familiar with the workings of a ‘paperless’ office
- In-depth knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Interested in working with us or learning more about our job opportunities, we would love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit more about yourself!